Preschool Lesson Plans
& Art Projects for Kids
Preschool Lesson Plans & Art Projects for kids are most beneficial when they provide
hands-on-experiences. In creating this site it is my aim to share ideas that help children explore their
environment, while helping them to acquire the important learning skills, that set the foundation for future learning.
Remember: Children learn best through play!
Learning is so much more than text books and work sheets. Activities should always take advantage
of teachable moments that occur throughout the day that even the best plans can't anticipate. There are
many learning opportunities when preschoolers assist with chores. Helping in the kitchen allows them to
explore textures, counting, and measurement. Being good helpers enables children to
contribute to the family, building their sense of self-worth.
Early childhood activities should always include the outdoors. Here is a wonderful natural science lab; offering an
abundance of exploration opportunities; animals, plants, weather and even rocks can be used for learning.
While preschoolers are playing outside they are getting fresh air and exercise; additionally most outdoor
preschool activities promote large motor skill development.
Reaping the benefits of craft projects for kids. These hands-on activities reinforce
learning; helping the young artist to make connections to other subject areas. Art projects offer an opportunity for
preschoolers to express their creativity and imagination while fostering a sense of achievement. The use crayons,
scissors, paint brushes and play dough help develop small motor skills and hand-eye coordination. When you display your
preschooler's work it instills a sense of accomplishment and reinforces the knowledge that what they do is important.
It makes the fridge look great too!
Due to my "been there done that" experience, I feel confident in saying that whether you are a
parent, a nanny, or you teach preschool, daycare, VBS, or kindergarten, you will find appropriate activities,
for your preschooler here.
No need to search the www. for each piece of a preschool lesson plan. Find it all here, in one place. I always
wished for that during my teaching days! My "teacher-created" materials: preschool activities, printables, teacher
resources, and tips, are kid tested, tried and true.
Increase the time you spend with your own children.
Unfortunately my now grown children, still remember the long hours I spent creating
lesson plans, as time that I couldn't be there for them. By clicking through the navigation
tabs you can create complete lesson plans quickly and easily. Providing more time for
creating positive memories with your family.
- Site Map for Hollys-Preschool-Place.com
- site map for Hollys-Preschool-Place.com
- Patriotic Crafts for Kids
- Patriotic Crafts to celebrate 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Flag Day.
- Fathers Day Crafts for Kids
- Fathers Day crafts for kids, ideas for your preschoolers to make homemade gifts for Dad for Father's Day.
- summer fun
- Summer Fun Activities to keep preschoolers exploring and learning.
- Summer Lesson Plan
- Summer lesson plan for preschoolers is complete with experiment, learning center activities, preschool art, and book list link.
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Summer Crafts for kids to help them explore and learn while being creative.
- Summer Reading
- Summer reading list suggest preschool books for learning about the season, its weather, with some animals, watermelon and ice cream.
- Water Cycle
- the water cycle preschool science lesson explores through experiments the cycle, the forms of water and the uses of water.
- Preschool Lesson Plans
- Preschool Lesson Plans: Most lessons are presented as a theme and provide cross-curriculum activities; including: math, science or social studies, and always literature & art. Kids learn through play.
- Learning Centers
- Learning Centers are very hands-on learning. Centers gives each child a chance to be involved in the experience becoming active learners.
- Preschool Reading
- Preschool Reading can encourage a child to explore and imagine, can introduce reading skills, reinforce lessons, express emotion, explore culture and customs.
- Recommended Books
- My Recommended Books reading list is a compilation of my favorite books. These stories unite subject areas and reinforce lessons. So cuddle up and share a good book!
- Preschool Math Activities
- These preschool math activities are ideal for preschool learning/playing, shapes, size, colors, counting, numbers, and same/different.
- Benefits of Play
- The Benefits of Play: Children learn best through play. All play can have learning benefits. Playing with others promotes language development, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Dramatic Play Learning Centers
- The Dramatic Play Learning Center offers preschoolers an opportunity to explore situations or events that are meaningful to them.
- Preschool Motor Skills Development Activities
- The Motor Skills Development Activities page is offered as a guide to help preschoolers exercise both small and large muscles.
- Preschool Learning Games
- Preschool learning games are fun activities that help preschoolers review concepts such as colors, shapes, letters, numbers, while developing skills like large motor development, cooperation, listenin
- Preschool Art Projects
- Preschool art project for kids. Free hands-on activities that free hands-on activities that help foster imagination and creativity while reinforcing learning and having fun!
- Christian Crafts for Kids
- These Christian crafts for kids are aimed to help preschoolers make connections to Biblical characters and lessons.
- Holiday Crafts for Kids
- Holiday crafts for kids to help celebrate Easter, 4th of July and other special days.
- Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade gift ideas you and your preschooler can make together. Make homemade keepsakes that will be treasured for years.
- Craft Recipes
- This Craft Recipes for kids section, includes: homemade play dough, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, scented paint and others. Most ingredients are common household items.
- Teacher Resources
- Teacher resources that include: Tried and True Teacher Tips, Preschool Articles, Child Development, Craft Supply List, lesson plans , science experiments
- Links to sites that may be beneficial to: caregivers, teacher, parents and grandparents of preschoolers.
- About Holly
- Welcome to the About Holly page of Hollys-Preschool-Place. Thank you so much for visiting my website and being patient as it is under construction
- Free Gift
- A free gift offer from Hollys-Preschool-Place.com.
- Contact Holly
- To contact Holly of Hollys-Preschool-Place please use the provided form.
- Disclosure Statement
- Disclosure Statement
- Terms and Use Policy
- Terms and Use Policy